It’s crazy how 2015 is almost over but I am glad to begin a new year – hopefully it will be as eventful and great as this past year has been.
I thought I would list some of my New Year’s resolutions and share with you why I am trying to make these changes in my life for the New Year.
- Blog more. I really enjoy writing and don’t do enough of it. I feel like it challenges the mind and I find it entertaining to attempt to get my thoughts down on paper. I took a journalism class last semester and enjoyed interviewing people and trying to figure out a story to write. It was a challenging class (since I’m shy so my interviews didn’t go well) but I passed with a 3.7 and I now have the knowledge of how to write a proper news story, which I’m sure will help me later in life. I hope that I will post at least once a week, if not more.
- Read more. Reading is very important to me and I think it helps to expand your vocabulary as well as spark inspiration. I used to read quite often but once I got into high school, I stopped unfortunately. I love reading Ellen Hopkins and mystery stories. I think I might start a goal list for every book I read, I get to reward myself with something for completing the book (totally bribing myself…) I got I Am That Girl by Alexis Jones for Christmas and have already started to read it. So far so good and I can’t wait to finish the book and have all this knowledge about how to be a better me.
- Meet new people. Since I’m shy, I really don’t take to anyone other than the friends I already have (it’s awful, I know). I need to get myself out of my comfort zone and meet new people. I’m also not entirely close with any of my friends (unfortunately) and would love to have someone that I can talk to whatever about, whenever. I need to find those who will give me an extra push to reach my goals.
- Save money. I’m sure that I’m not the only one who sucks at saving money too…I pay all of my bills monthly, then decide “Oh hey, now that’s all paid I can buy something I want.” But I shouldn’t be like that and should realize that my money should be in my savings account and not in my savings. I would love to go on a vacation so I might start a vacation fund just incase I ever get the opportunity to go on one.
- Start a graphic design portfolio. I guess this isn’t really a resolution but more of a goal. I used to constantly be playing with Photoshop but as I’ve gotten older, I don’t experiment with it as much (which is ironic, since graphic design is my major in college). I want to create more work that would be useful in a portfolio and for my own experience. I also would like to start my own design portfolio/website and Etsy store to sell prints and invitations and such. Just a thought, but a really cool thought (maybe someday!)
Well, I hope you enjoyed reading about my resolutions/goals. I will keep you updated as the year goes on of how my goals are coming along, I might also need some support with some of my goals.
What are your New Year’s resolutions/goals for 2016? Let me know in the comments below!
I would also like to thank you for a great year and for reading. I truly appreciate it!